The most important question any of us ever faces is: What will you do with Jesus? Our eternal salvation depends on the answer we give. The following are a few things concerning salvation that need to be realized and done.
1. Realize that all have sinned and need a Savior. "All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23 " If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1 John 1:8
2. Repent of sin. "Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." Luke 3:13 "Repent ye therefore, be converted, that your sins may be blotted out." Acts 3:19
3. Confess your sins to God. "If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 "With the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:10
4. Forsake sin. "Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD...for He will abundantly pardon." Isaiah 55:7
5. Believe in the finished of Christ on the cross. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish , but have everlasting life." John 3:16
6. Receive Christ into your heart by faith. "As many received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God." John 1:12
7. Proclaim Jesus as Lord. "If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved...For whosoever will call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10: 9,13
More Scriptures on Salvation
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on Me hath everlasting life." John 6:47
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by Me." John 14:6
"Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved and thy house." Acts 16:30, 31
"But God commendeth His love toward us, that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."
The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
"By grace ye are saved through faith; and not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8, 9
"The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin." 1 John 1:7
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come into him and will sup with him, and he with Me." Revelation 3:20
Dear God in heaven,
I come to You in the name of Jesus. I am sorry for my sins and the life I have lived. I ask for You for forgiveness and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness with the blood of Your Son. You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 if we confess the Lord Jesus and believe in our hearts that God raised Him from the dead, we shall be saved. Right now I confess Jesus Christ as the Lord of my life. With my heart, I believe God raised Him from the dead. This very moment I ask Jesus to come into my heart. I desire for Jesus to be my personal Savior, according to His Word, right now I am saved. Thank You, Jesus, for dying and giving me life. Amen
God looks on the heart.
You can believe His promises. Hebrews 13:5; Revelation 3:20
You are a member of God's family. Romans 8:16
Your life is eternally secure in God. Romans 8:38,39
What happens when you receive hope from God? You will begin to live for God Romans 12:1,2; 9-18
You will publicly profess faith by being baptized. Matthew 28:19;
Luke 3:21; Romans 6:4
I understand this blog goes to places where you may not be allowed to publicly profess your faith by baptism. To those who are unable to be baptized - God bless you. Remember the thief on the cross. He didn't have the opportunity to be baptized, but he believed Christ was the Son of God. Jesus looked at His heart and said, "Verily, (truly) I say unto thee, today shalt thou be with Me in paradise." God sees your heart and He knows your situation. Trust Him, obey Him, love Him; and know that He loves you.
Share with others what God has done for you. Romans 10:14
You will get to know God through prayer, Bible study and fellowship with other Christians.
It is my sincere prayer these Scriptures will aid you in committing your life to God through faith in His Son Jesus Christ. May the Holy Spirit guide you on the path which leads to abundant life.